Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free is a book of dessert recipes, without gluten, eggs, dairy or refined sugars, allergy-friendly and entirely vegan.
Through years of recipe testing and receiving feedback from thousands of comments on her blog, Ricki Heller has taken great care to ensure that every recipe from this book will taste just as good as a traditional dessert and some, even better.
With a lower glycaemic index than regular desserts, these healthy versions of traditional favourites: frosted vanilla cupcakes, pumpkin loaf, chocolate chip cookies, and chocolate pecan pie are sure to delight. There is a huge array of desserts made with creative combinations of ingredients, including some vegetables, and innovative, unusual uses of alternatives to provide the greatest health benefits possible.
Naturally Sweet & Gluten-Free includes:
- A full introduction, including descriptions of key ingredients, where to find them, how to substitute ingredients, and how to make your own staples (such as flours or nut butters) if you wish
- Over 100 recipes for sweet treats and other baked goods all free of gluten, eggs, dairy, corn and refined or high glycaemic sweeteners, with more than 60 new recipes that have never appeared on the blog. Almost all recipes are free of soy (or offer alternatives) and many are free of nuts (or offer alternatives)
- An ‘At-A-Glance Pantry List’, listing frequently used items
- Ricki’s recipe for an all-purpose, gluten-free flour mix
- Tips and techniques
- Bake-ware and tools
- Clear, step-by-step and easy-to-follow instructions for every recipe to ensure delicious baked goods, regardless of your previous baking experience
The book is available at online retailers and bookstores.
Thanks to Ricki Heller.