Updated: May 19, 2017
To vaccinate or not? The Greater Good sheds light on the ever debatable topic of vaccines. What I particularly love about this film, apart from it’s fantastic production value and equitable conversation on both sides, is the way in which I was drawn into the heart-wrenching personal stories woven throughout the film.
This film is a must watch for all of us – parents considering vaccinations, young women contemplating the HPV vaccine and even those of us still considering the annual flu shot! This is a contentious issue and one that needs a lot more attention, moving towards an egalitarian system where we have the right to decide what is best for us and our family.
If You Think You Know Everything About Vaccines… Think Again
The Greater Good is a multiple award winning documentary that goes beyond the fear, hype and politics that have polarized the vaccine debate. This compelling film looks at BOTH sides of the vaccine controversy and re-frames this emotionally charged issue. It offers, for the first time, the opportunity for a rational and scientific discussion about how to create a safer and more effective vaccine program. American children are now the most vaccinated population on the planet. One would think they would also be the healthiest, but consider these alarming statistics – according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- 1 in 6 children has a learning disability or behavioural problem
- 1 in 9 children is asthmatic
- 1 in 110 children suffers from autism
- 1 in 450 is diabetic
In the 1980s, children were given 23 doses of 7 different vaccines. By 2010, parents are being asked to give their children 69 doses of 16 vaccines. That’s triple the dose of those recommended in the 1980s.
The Greater Good explores sheds light on an issue that is already on the minds of expecting mothers and fathers, grandparents, doctors and healthcare professionals across the country. The film offers parents, doctors and policy-makers a safe space to actively listen to and learn more about vaccine choices.
What You Will Learn
- The differing views on vaccine safety from Doctors, Scientists, Activists and Policy Makers.
- The link between vaccines and chronic illnesses such as asthma, allergies, learning disabilities, behavioural problems, autism, unexplained infant death as well as autoimmune diseases such as diabetes, lupus, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- The connection between gut, immune and neurological issues seen in vaccine injuries.
- How vaccines are researched, reviewed and regulated and what your rights are.
- Ingredients in vaccinations that are a cause for concern about vaccine safety.
- First hand stories of three families dealing with the devastating effects of vaccines.
Featuring The Following Experts
- Barbara Loe Fisher, Co-founder & President, National Vaccine Information Center
- Paul Offit, MD, Chief, Division of Infectious Diseases, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Mark Feinberg, MD, PhD, VP Medical Affairs and Policy, Merck & Co.
- The deputy director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
- The FDA’s Director of Office of Vaccines Research & Review
- The lead researcher for Gardasil, HPV and cervical cancer vaccine
- Vaccine neuroscientists, developers, and injury lawyers
The Greater Good DVD is a plea to parents, doctors, scientists, and the general public, to get more educated about vaccines and making informed decisions. All parents MUST watch this documentary!
Order this DVD today: Learn how you can take action to become more informed about vaccines and better educated about your rights.
The DVD is available at Food Matters.